MESAEP, the Mediterranean Scientific Association of Environmental Protection, will host the 19th International Symposium on Environmental and Health Inequity from 4 to 6 October 2017 in Rome, Italy.
This year’s focus will be on environmental and health inequity; science in the service of society. The Symposium will feature specialised sessions in:
1. Environmental and health inequities – socio-economic determinants of exposure
2. Sustainable natural resource and waste management
3. Environmental health and well-being
4. Climate change mitigation and air pollution abatement – towards win-win solutions
5. Indoor and outdoor air pollution
6. Water and soil pollution and control
7. Ecotoxicity and biodiversity
8. Energy, environment and sustainability
9. Environmental economics, policy and education
10. Natural and man-made environmental disasters
11. New and emerging technologies for environmental and health applications
and a panel discussion on migration and environment.
The program of the symposium will include plenary and keynote lectures, and voluntary oral and poster presentations. Selected posters will be presented in short (5-minute) oral sessions in full audience (Rapid Fire sessions). All presentations (oral and posters) should be in English.
For both oral and poster contributions, a one-page abstract should be submitted through the abstract submission system https://www.abstractagent.com/2017mesaep/ not later than May 15, 2017. Authors will be notified on acceptance and on the form of presentation of their contribution by May 31, 2017.
The book of abstracts will be distributed on electronic media to all participants upon registration at the Symposium. Poster or oral presentations will be accepted if at least one of the authors is registered and present at the symposium. All papers presented at the symposium will be eligible, upon refereeing, for publication in a special issue of the peer reviewed international journal FRESENIUS ENVIRONMENTAL BULLETIN (FEB), the official journal of MESAEP and Environmental Research, a prime publication of Elsevier.
Registration will open soon at www.mesaep.org.
For more information about the Symposium, instructions and deadlines, download the 1st circular announcement or visit mesaep.org.